About Me

Lots of stuff drives me nuts! I think there are a lot of retarded people out there that don't know they're retarded. This blog is dedicated to those people.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Out of Shape...

Well, it's been a little while. Turns out something has happened with my work computer and it's not posting my blog. I had a funny one that I will try to recount now but I'm sure it won't be as good as the original. I'm getting a new laptop at work next week so hopefully I'll be able to post from there which makes it easier to post regularly.

Mtn Biking with Matt = expect the unexpected
Mtn Biking with Ryan = at least your car won't be stolen

I went mtn. biking with Matt and Ryan over a week ago. What an experience! We started up the trail and we all needed a brief rest about 5 minutes into it. After that I started up the mtn and didn't look back. About 10 minutes later I stopped to wait for the others. Matt soon arrived and we had a break. Then Matt wanted to go...I said we should wait for Ryan but Matt said he was already down the mountain. Turns out he was a little tired. So we continued.

After 30 minutes I started down the mountain and met Matt climbing the trail. We turned and started down. I decided to stop and wait for Matt a few minutes later to make sure he hadn't flew off the side of the mountain. NO MATT! Where is he? After 15 minutes and afraid he'd been 'jumped' by a Mountain Lion I started UP the hill for the second time. Soon enough Matt rounds the corner and exclaims "Flat Tire!" Neither of us has a pump but we know that Ryan does...who happens to be providing Auto Security and the bottom of the hill. I decide to head down and get the pump. At the bottom I find Ryan on lookout for Polynesian carjackers. Then I start up the hill for the THIRD time! Ryan notices that this time it's easier as he's now warmed up (adrenaline from the Polynesian possibilities).

Anyway we find Matt...Ryan and I fix his tire and we're done for the day with no other incidents.

I start official training for August 18th on May 14th (Monday). I think that I've got a solid plan and just need to keep to the schedule and start to eat a little better to lose the excess lb's.

I'll do a better job updating. A little more than three months until race day.

No comments: