About Me

Lots of stuff drives me nuts! I think there are a lot of retarded people out there that don't know they're retarded. This blog is dedicated to those people.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The best day from hell ever!

So I haven't really been able to come up with many funny stories so I have slacked on the tri updates lately. It's time for me to get back to what this is all about..it's time to report what's going on as we are a short 4 weeks away from what I like to call, the best day from hell ever. Let's just revisit 2005:
  • Friday night visited the hole that is called downtown Ogden to pick up my stuff. They were giving free head shaving for a donation. Sorry I couldn't help there.

Now, a quick note about Ogden. I know that there are nice places there...I just haven't seen them. If fact that day Allie and I went down to pick up the stuff, we must have walked by at least 5 drunks and accidentally parked our car next to a half-way house. As I've heard before, they ought to put a fence around the place and call it prison.

  • Saturday morning woke up and make the drive to Pineview
  • Got the wetsuit on, swam to the starting beach and waited...

Now, about the waiting. It seems like your bladder is completely empty until you are waiting for something to happen. Then you go....then after 4 more minutes of waiting...you go again...and again. Good thing I had Ogden's largest toilet at my disposal (no, not downtown).

  • I started swimming and felt great.

Got kicked a few times until it got spread out. I was a little worried cause the bottom of the lake doesn't have those nice straight lines to follow. However after a while you just follow the bubbles (hoping they are from the mouths of others) and the guy kicking your arms in front of you.

  • Hopped out of the water after a surprisingly short time in the lake.
  • Started on the bike

Uhh, you mean this is 10 miles up that mountain? After two miles I was gassed. I think my adrenaline was gone. For those who have read earlier posts, I did see one person collapse on the bike so I wasn't feeling completely gone.

  • Got done with the bike after feeling like I had ridden to base camp at Everest.
  • Put on the shoes and started to run

Uhh, you mean the first two miles of the run is up that mountain? After that it's really a blur. I remember having to run thru a few small rivers.. some guy taking my picture and I remember finally running down the mountain trying not to tumble to the bottom.

Yes it is the best day from hell ever and I can't wait to do it again. I'm much more prepared this time around (which isn't saying much). Also I think I'm a lot less fat this time around which is even better. I'm sure as I sit down on August 19 (my 31st birthday) I'll tell myself 'never again'. Then once I can walk normal and realize that I wasn't dead last...it'll be time to start for next year.

That's the latest. Hopefully I'll have more to share soon.

No comments: