About Me

Lots of stuff drives me nuts! I think there are a lot of retarded people out there that don't know they're retarded. This blog is dedicated to those people.

Thursday, July 5, 2007

A weekend break...or not

I figured that I'd better get my training in early this week as I have a pretty full weekend .

First training...then the weekend.
Things are going well, I'm really trying to get on my bike as often as possible. This is good and bad. Good because I'll be able to make it up the mountain, good because I won't have to worry about my second experience in an ambulance, good because they may still be selling lunch by the time I finish. It's bad because the more time of the bike, the less time on the road and in the pool. I don't want the fishes to get me as an early lunch and I don't want to feel my legs to give as I try to run up the mountain. However I do feel like I am way ahead of schedule compared to last time.

This weekend holds another event that is very near to my heart. The Heat Stroker Softball Tourney! Like the triathlon, marathon or any yard landscape project, this always turns out to be more than I bargain for (or more than Allie bargains for). Over the last few years I have suffered some less than comfortable injuries during these tournaments. Last year I tore my ACL and MCL. The year before that I broke my wrist and before that cracked my sternum (remember my earlier post about being retarded?).

During this tournament you play all games from 7pm to 6am and sleep during the day when it's 110 degrees outside. We've always had a pretty good showing with a 6th place best finish (out of 50+ teams). By the time it's Saturday night (Sunday morning) your body really doesn't move as quickly as you want it to. Those 3a.m. games are a real killer. However there is nothing like getting back to the Hotel at 7am, sitting down and having some nice continental breakfast, popping a sleeping aid and retiring for the day.

Here's hoping that I don't take any unnecessary risks and stay on my feet this year.

No comments: