About Me

Lots of stuff drives me nuts! I think there are a lot of retarded people out there that don't know they're retarded. This blog is dedicated to those people.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Might as well have been raining...


Had a bit of a soggy ride this morning. It must have rained pretty good in Bountiful last night
cause I was soaked. Not from actual rain but from the rain soaked foliage busting me in the chops every few seconds. By the time I reached the summit I was wet, cold and looking for the quickest way down the mountain. So instead of taking the 6.5 trail back down I took the shorter North Canyon side down, crossed Btfl Blvd and back up to Mueller Park.
A few things from the morning ride:
  • Rear tires don't go easily over wet roots. Instead of rolling over them, they seem to slide across them and that didn't turn out too well a few times this morning. I ended up in some of that wet foliage I spoke of earlier.
  • It's been at least 10 years since I took a bike ride/run/walk on Bountiful Blvd. However I'm pretty sure I saw a few of the same people from back when, and people are looking a lot older (except for me...I still feel..and look 21. I just shave my head).
  • I haven't golfed Bountiful for a while but need to. That place is always in great shape.
  • My new headband works great. Yeah, I look like a poor man's white Allen Iverson but it definitely keeps the sweat from pouring into my eyes.
  • To the rock in 39:30....to the top in 1:19:00. Getting better...little by little.

Minor setback this week as well. After a heated basketball game on Matt's concrete pad on the 24th, the surgically repaired left knee isn't feeling so great. Running has been postponed for a week until I stop feeling the tendons (or whatever it is) rub against each other with every bend.

That's all for now.

No comments: