About Me

Lots of stuff drives me nuts! I think there are a lot of retarded people out there that don't know they're retarded. This blog is dedicated to those people.

Thursday, August 2, 2007

The countdown continues...

I'm not sure who really still visits this blog. Maybe after some of the funny stories have come and gone it's become a little boring. Actually the training has become a little less fun itself. Well...maybe not less fun but just more serious. Unfortunately their haven't been as many incidents as before so there isn't a whole lot to divulge. I haven't seen Matt's biker shorts for months. I can't talk Eric into any physical exercise. Ryan has a one month old baby so he's not getting up at 6am unless it's for a bottle. I do keep falling off of my bike but that got very old a long time ago. So...I'll just finish these last two weeks and they see what happens.

It's almost time. A very short two weeks away and I'm excited to see how I can do this time around. Sitting here right now my body feels like I'm going to challenge the Pro's to the finish line. Yeah, maybe I can finish in that elite group. The only issue is that their route is twice as long as mine and I'm a realist; I don't have a shot.. However things are looking good. The last time around I felt the same way...pretty confident. Looking back I had no clue what I was in for which I found out about 2 miles into the bike. Today I feel better as I know what to expect. I've trained better and know that I'll at least make it to the third mile before wondering what the hell I'm doing in the mountains, on a bike, water strapped to my back, feet firmly attached to the pedals (which I still suck and removing), with another nine miles to go. Boy, what a great day that will be.

But it's exciting. I think I got the fever while watching Eric run a marathon. It was exciting to see people running, crowd cheering, music blasting while they announced race number and names as people crossed the finish line. There was a little adrenaline flowing that day. I figured I could do that. So I did. The Logan marathon wasn't quite the event as the Salt Lake Marathon but it was an event nonetheless. However after limping around for a couple of weeks I had to steer clear of pounding my knees, ankles, quads etc for 5 hours ever again. Then I thought of a Tri. It was a pretty exciting feeling waiting on the beach, listening to the announcer making the last calls, while the Black Eyed Peas blared in the background..."Let's get it started." Quite the adrenaline rush. That all ended soon enough and it was every man for themselves (including the wo'men' who raced). But after it was all over crossing the finish line brought back some of that adrenaline.

So for those who want to feel some of the excitement...check out a marathon/tri sometime. Maybe you'll feel some excitement and soon enough you'll be learning how to swim (properly), falling of your bike, icing your knees/ankles/legs/back, buying a dri-fit wardrobe and having the time of your life while never feeling better.

1 comment:

Heather and Eric said...

For the record, anyone who actually does read this should know that Eric hasn't invited or informed of any bike ride to date.