About Me

Lots of stuff drives me nuts! I think there are a lot of retarded people out there that don't know they're retarded. This blog is dedicated to those people.

Monday, August 13, 2007

4 days, 18 hours...


Time is running down and I'm ready....uhh, I think I'm ready...I should be ready...I better be ready...!
.
This past Friday I swam in Pineview for a bit. Open water swimming sure is different than the local pool. But it felt good and went well. It took a couple of minutes to get used to the water (cold) but after that it was smooth. Luckily on Saturday I'll have a wetsuit which decreases drag and helps you float, both of which increase the speed.
.
I've biked the complete distance and actual route this time around. This occurred last week. I went a total of 11 miles (I skipped the first 1.5 miles as this is the flat paved road from the beach to the beginning of the trail). It's actually unknown how far the trail actually is. Some sites have 19K (12 miles) but the email I received the other day says 16K (10 miles). Either way I've done both so it's all good (without one fall I might add).
.
The run is actually only 3 miles. 1.5 up the hill and 1.5 down the hill. I've been running the road up to Fruit Heights which is about 2 miles up so I'm feeling good here.
Now the only real issue is that I've yet to do all three of these things back to back to back which really makes a little difference. That's where I'm going to have to rely on Gatorade, power gels, and lots of adrenaline. I just need to make sure all the adrenaline doesn't all come out the first 5 minutes of the swim like last time.
Again, here are my expectations:
Swim - 16:00
T1 - 4:00
Bike - 1:40:00
T2 - 3:00
Run - 45:00
Total - 2:48:00
.
More than three hours and I'm going to run home. Less than 2:48:00 I'm going to have myself one hell of a party.
.
I'm ready.

1 comment:

Ralphster said...

Yo Short Dog...your blog is both hilarious and inspirational. I'm way impressed that you are stepping up to the Exterra...I can barely handle the normal tri's! Good luck on Saturday!