About Me

Lots of stuff drives me nuts! I think there are a lot of retarded people out there that don't know they're retarded. This blog is dedicated to those people.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

a quick update and brief thank you...

Things continue to improve as we get closer to the dreaded day! Sometimes I wonder why in the world I sign up for things. Now that the training log is calling for morning/evening sessions I'm getting a bit more tired but I'm sure feeling a little more in shape. Tuesday called for a Brick workout and it felt good...at the same time I realized I'm not in the shape I'd hoped for. For those wondering what I brick is...it is when you bike and run/swim, bike/swim, bike, run during the same workout. Basically it's to simulate the triathlon. I like to think it's what I'm going to drop in the toilet when I think about having to do it!

I know that a lot of people support me and to them I give thanks. However there are 5 people that really seem to carry me day after day. I'm not sure if these 5 people really know who they are but at this time I need to express my appreciation for their hard work and motivation.

1) Eminem - while I think that you are probably nuts and I'm not a huge fan of all of your music, there's nothing better than my Ipod randomly selecting 'Lose Yourself' or 'Slim Shady' to get me over those last few miles.

2,3,4,5) Red Hot Chili Peppers - There are four of you and to each of you I say thanks. What can I say...While Eminem only has a couple of classics you've put out more than your share. 'Scar Tissue', 'Dani California', and the ultimate...'Can't Stop'.

Honorable Mention - Linkin Park, The Killers, Beastie Boys

I'm thinking that if I can get Eminem, Chili Peppers together for an album I may actually try to pull an Ironman!

I'm going to start dragging the camera around on my bike so start checking for pictures. Mueller Park riding is coming up so maybe I'll get a good shot of a moose, deer or even better...Matt in his bike shorts!

No comments: