About Me

Lots of stuff drives me nuts! I think there are a lot of retarded people out there that don't know they're retarded. This blog is dedicated to those people.

Friday, June 1, 2007

Sweatin' to the Oldies....Bike Style!

First of all let me go over this week and then we'll get to the Sweatin to the Oldies reference.
This week went pretty well. I've got this stupid throat/nose issue so unfortunately for those of you who live downstream, there will be some serious snot/flem/lung-chunks coming your way due to me having to hock these out during my exercise. I didn't hit the pool this week due to this sickness but ran, biked and lifted some weights.

I lifted weights on Wednesday and I'm still sore today. I may have overdone it. I read in my Tri-Bible afterwards and realized that I had overdone it based off of their strength training recommendations. So, next week I'll tone it down.
Running was a little difficult as my knee didn't fully cooperate. Went 2 miles (walk/run) but had to end a little early.
Biking went well this morning. Made it to 'The Rock' for the first time in years. Took me 43:00 minutes and at the 45:00 mark had gone 3.32 miles compared to the 3.1 last week. Felt good! That first 15 minutes on Mueller Park sucks it out of me. I don't know what it is but after that I'm able to get into a little 'zone' and keep a decent pace (decent pace for me at least).

I feel like I'm making some good progress especially with 11 weeks still to go until race day. I've got some work to do on the run but the biking feels good. Swimming should be fine but we'll see tomorrow as I enter the pool for the first time in several weeks.

Now what you've all been waiting for:
I know that I'm a little out of shape, maybe a little heavier than I once was, but I didn't expect Richard Simmons to show up to help me get back into shape! It was quite the suprise when out of nowhere a certain unnamed individual appeared from his car with some nice spandex on. Keep in mind I only bike with two people...Matt & Ryan (and it wasn't Ryan). I've seen these shorts in the stores and have even thought about buying a pair but I just couldn't do it. These particular shorts are nice as they have an excellent pad in the butt for more relaxed riding. For me, a little discomfort in the butt is worth the comfort of the mind. For others, there is no mind and it's all about butt comfort. Anyway, quite the site and believe me I made sure I wasn't bringing up the rear in that train of riders.

I'm going to try to take my camera on some of the bike sessions and post some pictures to make things a little more enjoyable for the reader. I know that I'm now sounding a little like my new biking partner but there are some really nice views from the top of the mountain and I'm now in enough shape to get there.

No comments: