About Me

Lots of stuff drives me nuts! I think there are a lot of retarded people out there that don't know they're retarded. This blog is dedicated to those people.

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

I hadn't planned on that...


Yesterday was the day...the day I began my training towards 2:48. I woke up feeling good, put on my shorts, shirt and running shoes. I had my ipod all set to my running play list and was focused on getting to the mile mark (you've got to start somewhere).

I started out the door and on came 'U2, Beautiful Day', things were looking good already. Down the driveway, past the mailbox and onto the street. Yep, looks like my neighbors still haven't cleaned out their garage, still have all 15 cars jammed onto their driveway.



Then something didn't' feel so good. OUCH! My knee! Yeah sure I had ACL surgery but that was 6 months ago. So I stopped, recouped and tried again. No luck. I had made it about 300 feet and I'm done for the day. What's up with that? Just below the knee cap on the inside there's a pain that shoots every time I plant my foot. I don't know if it's still due to the bruising of surgery or what. The good news is that I didn't have to put any of my clothes in the laundry. I was able to put them right back on the hanger.

So, it looks like it will be the bike for a while until I figure this out. I need to get into the pool as well. If I can focus on that for a couple of months I don't think there will be an issue only having 2 months or so to train for the run, especially if I'm already in shape at that time. Hopefully my knee issue goes away by then. I called the Doc yesterday to get an appt to find out what's going on. I had an appt scheduled with him a couple months ago but missed it. So, I'd better get in and see what's up.

First day, first setback. I did get on the bike last night and pulled Averi to Smiths to rent Cinderella 3. Pulled her around the neighborhood for 2.5 miles. Interesting thing is that Averi likes to go fast and Lili is a little hesitant with the situation...go figure.

Let's see what tomorrow brings (not a run I can tell you that).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must tell you that I am more impressed with your descriptive writing skills (still hope for the public school system) than the speed I witnessed several years ago on the bike......do you know how many older women finished ahead of you? Press onward as I would like to watch you do it again.....and I know where to park your car as to not have it towed this year...Keep peddling!