About Me

Lots of stuff drives me nuts! I think there are a lot of retarded people out there that don't know they're retarded. This blog is dedicated to those people.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Swim gets better, weather gets worse...

You all may get an email from now on telling you when there is a new post to the blog. I don't want any of you to miss out on the action. If I'm missing someone or you have other emails you'd like the notice to go to, let me know.

The wedding of Eric & Heather took most of Monday and all of Tuesday. Not much training taking place on Tuesday. If for some reason I finish at 2:59:00 I'm blaming them. However I'm thinking that as I tore it up on the dance floor it wasn't a total waste. I worked on some moves that will certainly be displayed the afternoon of August 18th as I break the 2:59:00 mark. I also got a great ab workout as I saw the most unbelievable golf shot on Monday (well, more like shots!)

I did get to the pool on Monday morning to give it another shot. Things went well as I swam 700 yards which is 50 yds short of the Tri distance. Again, right now I need to use the swim to get my wind where it needs to be. Otherwise I'm not too worried about the swim. Biking has been put on hold because of the damn snow. I need to get my butt in gear with the bike pretty soon or it'll be too late. So, you may see me out there with my winter gear on trying to pedal. I may look like Randy from The Christmas Story but not be able to bend my knees. Anyone know if they make chains for bike wheels?

It speaking with some people about my knee there may be one issue I didn't take into consideration, I'm not 21 years old anymore. Yeah, I know what your thinking, "but he still has the physique". Unfortunately the physique doesn't translate to bones and joints. As I attempted my first run of the year I simply ran out the door and onto the pavement at 6:30 am which didn't turn out so good. Maybe...just maybe I need to warm up a little bit? Maybe my knee needs a better transition between the bed and the road? I notice as the day goes on my knee gets less stiff. So, I'm going to attempt to run in the evenings and see how that goes. I will start slow and see if I can get 1/2 mile and go from there.

I'm still not in the habit of getting things done every day. I'm in the 2-3 days a week mode which I need to get out of. I need to buck up, get on my cold weather gear and 'bust a move'! Maybe I can get Plime to follow me around with some hot chocolate, water, gel, hot pad etc. He displayed some unbelievable efforts on Mon & Tuesday. I'll just make sure not to trust him with the key to my bike lock!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From what I have seen of Plime, he is the most trustworthy person in the family. The weather will break soon and perhaps you can encourage an older sibling tho shape up....too.