About Me

Lots of stuff drives me nuts! I think there are a lot of retarded people out there that don't know they're retarded. This blog is dedicated to those people.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Run Forest, Run...

Good night last night. I stretched out my knee, put a brace on to keep it warm, and went for a run. The only discomfort was the stiffness of the knee but no stabbing pain like before. I think coming to the realization that I'm not 21 anymore may do the trick. It'll just take a little time to get it warm and ready before jumping onto the pavement.

One concern is that I still have this stupid limp. I'm sure as I was running it didn't look very smooth. The PT told me that walking backwards would help get rid of the limp. How? I don't know but I'm up for anything.

So I ran 1/2 mile down to K-mart and started walking backwards home. I got some great stares from people driving by. I guess they've never seen a retard walk backwards before. I thought about letting some drool leak out of my mouth and maybe someone would bring me a Coke. Anyway I made it back to my street and ran home. I iced it and then walked backwards on the treadmill for a while. Try that sometime while watching TV, you'll be all over the place. I almost had to clip the safety strap to me after the 4th near miss (fall).

Anyway, a good night last night. I'll still only run maybe twice a week as I'm sure I need to ease my knee back into taking the pounding. But at least I know I'm clear. 1/2 mile last night, 4 miles in 4 months.