About Me

Lots of stuff drives me nuts! I think there are a lot of retarded people out there that don't know they're retarded. This blog is dedicated to those people.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Saving the Planet is a pain in the ass!

What the hell is up with UTA? Has anyone ever had a fluid, easy, relaxing, FAST trip on anything related to the Utah Transit Authority? Let me give you some background...

Before Clara was born the new Frontrunner opened. I was a little excited as the Farmington Station is about 2 miles from my home. There is also a Trax station about 1.5 miles away from my work. While I need my car for my job I could just leave it at work each night. So I thought I'd join those fanatical enviro's and go green for a while (plus my work pays half of the public transportation fare). I tried it a few times and going to work (Frontrunner to downtown, trax to Murray, and bus to work) wasn't so bad as long as Allie could drive me to Frontrunner in the mornings.

Coming home was a different story (Bus to Trax, Trax to Downtown, Frontrunner home). I waited for the bus which was supposed to come every 15 minutes for 25 minutes. This should have allowed two different buses to come but none did. Upon crossing the street back to work I looked behind me and there went the damn bus! What the hell? You want people to use this right? So I hopped in my car and drove home at 80 mph and let my car idle as long as possible just to pay back the environment for wasting my time.

I tried biking the last leg of the journey and that sucked even more. I had to stand the entire hour with the other 20 people with bikes (they must have waited for buses in the past as well). And the driver let me know that in the future that if there were already 2 bikes on Trax, I had to wait for the next train. What the hell? Just get a bigger train. You want people to use this thing right?

These days Allie is unable to drive me as Clara is asleep most mornings. I got some crazy idea that maybe there is a bus that could get me from my house to the Frontrunner. So I used the nice little tool on the UTA website that creates the fastest route from point A to point B. After typing in my address it said that I could get to Frontrunner in 45 minutes (2 miles!). What the hell? You want people to use this right?

So, I've decided that going green sucks and I'll let my kids deal with it. It's a waste of time and effort. Now that Legacy is open I'm 80mph to work anyway.

By the way I had a nice conversation with a client and fried of mine who is in the trucking, development business. He said that Frontrunner cost about $611 million and has taken about 9,000 people off of the road daily. According to statistics, one extra lane on the highway can a hold a minimum of 25,000. Looks to me like it's not only a waste of time and effort, but a waste of money as well. Chooo Chooo this!!!!

Retard Factor:
100% retarded to whoever tried to coordinate the bus, trax and frontrunner schedules and has made it impossible for me to use with any sort of convenience.

1 comment:

Merianne said...

AMEN! I think going green is totally overrated!